Thursday, November 02, 2006

 

And we're back....

So I've been off in Never-Never Land for the last six months and I apologize to all my loyal readers-- both of you. It has been far too long since I've been here and I promise to at least post every two weeks or so. Although, in this land of anonymity, I don't think I have to worry about castration if I don't keep my word.

Life has become a little bit too ordinary, and I have forgotten my creedo, "Why the fuck not?" This is probably why I haven't written in far too long. Nothing to say. It seems every day I do the everyday schedule-- wake up, work, drink, sleep, repeat. I never thought I would become this person. But I'm not unhappy, just unfulfiiled-- if that makes sense. Or perhaps I've just entered into self-indulgent bullshit. In which case, you have permission to hunt me down for that ceremonial castration.

So this past weekend, I did have the pleasure of going to my sister's engagement party. Little sister. The problem, of course, is that I am a bachelor (perhaps, entering into "confirmed" bachelor status) and my LITTLE sister is getting married. From a personal standpoint, this is a wonderful occassion. From my mother's standpoint, this is a wonderful occassion but would be made better if we could get a two-for-one special on the wedding ceremony. Luckily, I've hit a status in life where I can imbibe in front of my parents without them thinking that I am an alcoholic (they know I am), and the pangs of guilt become blunted.

Luckily, this weekend, the question "so when are you..." was asked, I had pat responses. Sometimes, I interrupted the "so when are you...." -- "going to Greece?" Of course, this double-entendre was left lacking on everyone who asked the question, but the quizical looks were no less priceless. The best is when the single, OLDER, uncles/aunts/friends asked the "so when are you...?" question. Easy response -- "The Day after you, which is probably the day after the pigs fly, but the day before hell freezes over."

My new family is going to love me.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?